As our Knowledge Development Officer, you are passionate about international higher education and ensuring that professionals in the sector are equipped with the tools they need to succeed in their roles. You know firsthand the challenges and opportunities facing the field, preferably through a mix of professional and scholarly experience. You have an interest in how an international association thrives in a competitive environment. You enjoy scanning the environment to understand the evolving dynamics of internationalisation in Europe and beyond. You are an inspiring colleague and enjoy engaging with individuals from different cultures. You report to the Associate Director, Knowledge Development & Research.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the EAIE’s content strategy & initiatives.
- Cooperate with experts within the EAIE and beyond to conceptualise, develop and implement innovative knowledge products that cater to busy professionals.
- Support the EAIE's involvement in European projects.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of trends in the field to support just-in-time delivery of content.
- Coordinate data collection and analysis activities with a focus on producing insights that speak directly to the professional needs and interests of EAIE members and stakeholders
- A Master's degree in Higher Education Management/International Education/European Studies/International Relations (or comparable).
- At least 6-8 years of experience working in international higher education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience coordinating research projects.
- Willingness to travel up to 3 times per year.
- Already living in the Netherlands with a valid work/residence permit
- You have an entrepreneurial drive: you like to take up a challenge and shape a new idea. You pull the necessary people together and then, hands-on, deliver something new and better.
- You have experience under your belt: You have managed multiple research projects, used data and insights in different ways and are confident in your research approach. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritise your responsibilities.
- You are a team player: You possess a unique ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of an organisation to achieve a shared goal. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other teams and with individuals from different backgrounds.
- You see the bigger picture: You are aware of the consequences of decisions and/or actions for the entire organisation.
- You value quality: You are committed to producing work that stands out for its ability to inspire, engage and deliver value to end users.
The EAIE offers a stimulating work environment, a generous benefit package, and an international staff who are dedicated to our mission. What more could you ask for? Maybe free fresh fruit, Nespresso and a chair massage? We provide those things too!
- Competitive salary: Salary market conform based on 37.5 hours per week. This role is open for 30-37.5 hours per week.
- Work hard, play hard: 25 days of holiday per year (plus 10 days at Christmas).
- Retire in style: we contribute while you contribute to your pension scheme.
- Ride the train: 100% of your daily transportation covered for travelling to/from work.
- Health is wealth: 50% of your monthly health insurance coverage covered.
- Lifelong learning: opportunities for professional development.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is open until position is filled. Due to the current COVID-19 situation,the hiring process will not be completed until after an in-person interview is possible in our Amsterdam office.