As our Office Assistant, you help with the day-to-day running of our office as well as assist with registrations during the busy conference period. You love people and are eager to assist in any way possible both staff and external parties. You thrive in an English-speaking international setting, yet are comfortable to use the Dutch language for some responsibilities. You are eager to play a supportive role to your colleagues.
- Providing excellent customer service and support (by telephone and email) regarding EAIE events, EAIE membership requests and other services.
- Performing general administration
- Ensuring the EAIE Office is well stocked with fruit, coffee and supplies
- Coordinating all building maintenance
- Welcoming visitors to the office and setting up meeting locations when needed
- Occasionally helping staff with travel bookings
- General calendar management
- Updating the customer database
Assisting our delegates at the on-site registration desk during our 32nd Annual EAIE Conference & Exhibition in Barcelona, Spain (September)
- 1 to 2 years in a similar position, with experience using a CRM and/or registration software
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch. Including being confident with phone or in-person queries
- A valid work permit and already living in the Amsterdam
Ability to easily travel within Europe for our annual conference & exhibition
- Good interpersonal skills
Available to start before 1 May
- You get things done: you follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritise your tasks. When you need help, you are not afraid to ask.
- You are a team player: You work effectively with others, enjoy engaging with colleagues from around the world, and are respectful of different approaches to the work at hand.
- You value precision: you are meticulous. You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail.
The EAIE offers a stimulating work environment, a generous benefit package, and an international staff who are dedicated to our mission. What more could you ask for? Maybe free fresh fruit, Nespresso and a chair massage? We provide those things too!
- Competitive salary: € 2300-2500 gross per month, based on 37.5 hours per week (5 days). A 7-month contract will be offered initially.
Ride the train: 100% of your daily transportation covered for travelling to/from work.
- Health is wealth: 50% of your monthly health insurance coverage covered.
- Work hard, play hard: 25 days of holiday per year (plus 10 days at Christmas) based on a full working year.
- Retire in style: we contribute while you contribute to your pension.
Application deadline: 22 March 2020
Qualified candidates may be contracted before the deadline. Eligible candidates must already be living in the Netherlands.