As our Graphic Designer, you are passionate about design, animation and visual communications and want to use your skills for a mission-driven non-profit. You have a can-do attitude and aren't afraid to ask questions in order to translate design requests into visuals that are in line with the EAIE brand. You thrive in a dynamic, international team where you can harness creative ideas and work quickly to deliver high-quality projects. You love sharing your new ideas and collaborating with the wider team on how to make a powerful impression. You will work closely with the EAIE's Senior Graphic Designer but are ready to take ownership of projects when needed.
- Conceive and develop creative graphic designs for the EAIE’s print, online and advertising products.
- Create branded materials, including signage for the EAIE’s events, including the EAIE Annual Conference & Exhibition.
- Produce and enforce style guides and other graphic design manuals.
- Support the creation of motion graphics for the EAIE's social media channels and videos.
- Support and collaborate with the team on various campaigns and projects.
- Contribute to all stages of the design process, from conception to design execution.
- Proven education in graphic or web design.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in latest Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Understanding of design principles such as typography, interactive design and usability. You improve work on an aesthetic and functional level, and can easily bring ideas to life in both the digital and print platforms
- Knowledge of photography and photo processing techniques.
- Understanding for printing matters and knowledge of different formats for printing.
- Knowledge of motion graphics is preferred (Adobe After Effects).
- Fluent in English.
- Already based in the Netherlands with a valid work permit.
- You are a creative and critical thinker: You are not afraid to ask questions and consider other options.
- You are an enthusiastic collaborator: You enjoy working with others, sharing knowledge and best practices across teams. You’re somebody experienced creatives can learn from, and you love learning from others.
- You pay attention to the details: You strive for excellence in everything you do. You understand the smallest details matter. You know when to choose progress over perfection.
- You see the bigger picture: You're able to break a large project into bite-size pieces while always keeping your eye on the big goal.
- You are adaptable: There’s no typical day when you are part of the EAIE’s Marketing and Communications team: You can respond quickly to visual requests from colleagues and can juggle tasks and priorities as needed.
- You are a positive communicator: You get excited by contributing to brainstorms, sharing ideas and positively influencing new projects - all while having some fun with your team.
The EAIE offers a stimulating work environment, a generous benefit package, and an international staff who are dedicated to our mission. What more could you ask for? Maybe free fresh fruit, Nespresso and a chair massage? We provide those things too!
- Competitive salary: a great salary based on experience, based on 37.5 hours per week. This role is open for 30-37.5 hours per week (4-5 days). An initial 7-month contract will be offered with the expectation to extend.
- Work hard, play hard: 25 days of holiday per year (plus 10 days at Christmas).
- Retire in style: we contribute while you contribute to your pension scheme.
- Ride the train: 100% of your daily transportation covered if you live outside of Amsterdam.
- Health is wealth: 50% of your monthly health insurance coverage covered.
Qualifying candidates may be contacted before application deadline of 15 January. Candidates must already be residing in the Netherlands.
The application deadline is open until position is filled. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the hiring process will not be completed until after an in-person interview is possible in our Amsterdam office.